February – the month where LovE is celebrated with exuberant amounts of cards, flowers and candy. Where mostly romantic LovE is at the forefront of everyone’s mind. This year, here at SOE we thought we’d flip February on its head a bit and bring forth a way for us all to spread LovE, not only to our LovEd ones, but to those who are struggling in our community. There are so many ways for us to show LovE and kindness to one another, and SO MANY people in need. While we are celebrating our LovEr, our bff’s or showering ourselves with extra LovE in the coming month, let’s extend that care and kindness to those in need, right in our own backyard, by each creating a 14 day, Valentine’s Day box, filled with food for those who are struggling with hunger. 1 in 7 people in the United States struggles with hunger and here’s how we are going to help…
- Look up your nearest food bank here
- Give them a ring to see what they are needing. Some post lists on their website, but others you will need to call
- Grab a box
- Place any unopened item or items in the box, every day, beginning February 1st. Here’s a list of what is best to donate
- On February 14th or 15th, drop your box off at your local food bank.
- Take a photo of your box before you hand it off. Post it and tag us on socials at #soeheartsforthehungry
Join us? You can also make a monetary donation to all local food banks, check out their websites for details.
Let’s brighten lives, not only the month of February, but every month and every day thereafter.